Skeletons in my closet

The silent running dialogue that I often have with myself.

Friday, July 22, 2005

Excuse Me While I Bleed!

Excuse me while I bleed.

History is so kind. History is a great spin-doctor. History, understandingly, looks at the end result and not the turmoil that proceeded.

History polishes.
History spit shines.
History glosses.

Everyday, history continues in around and amongst us. But why do we not recognize? Why do we not see our actions and/or inactions as the history that they will become? Butterfly effect…

How many people die at the hands of man? How many people die because of the inaction of man?

How many lives are changed by simple nominal acts? Ask yourself that question.

Rwanda…

Excuse me while I bleed!

Darfur

Excuse me while I bleed!

Niger

Excuse me while I bleed!

Brazil

SideNote:
Yes, even in a Mecca of lust, and excess, the majority of the population is gutter poor. Children live on the streets, form gangs to survive, not just to be cool, but to eat, not just to organize the sale of drugs, to live.

Excuse while I bleed!

Aids a world epidemic!
Famine all across Africa!
Haiti
Wars, warlords, terrorism, Patriot Act...
Pollution

We need to do something. We have to act. In some way we have got to do something.

Millions were raised for persons that were the victims of an act of nature. Good deed job well done.

Lets do more. We can’t just let people die. We can’t just let people suffer.

I cry!

I don’t cry in sorrow.
I am not helpless.
I cry for anger and rage.
I cry for my failure to recognize the history that I live.
I cry because so many are hopeless.

I cry and my tears blend with my blood as I bleed. Excuse me.

I wont get into the history of it all not today. I will not discuss the role of Europe and their destruction of the world.

I will not mention the evil motives; that invented racism, which invented disparity among races themselves.

White Mans burden, has been Brown mans Curse.

We have to do something! Give me something. Give me Ideas. I have some, but I want to hear from you! This blog shyte is worldwide. What can we do?

3 Comments:

  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger Gunner Kaufman said…

    from the heart today i see.
    1. Brazil, funny how everyone forgets the hell that was raised when m.Jackson went to a favela in brazil to shoot a video wiht the nations poor. Brazil raised hell.

    2. read "A Problem from Hell" : America and the Age of Genocide" by Samantha power...very heavy.

    3. REFUSE SILENCE!!!! REFUSE TO STAY SILENT!!!!
    silence signal acceptance.
    We must use our voices.

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger Serenity23 said…

    I'm just wondering where this post is coming from. What have you been watching on tv Closet Owner? Very disturbing.

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger Dee said…

    wow!!! That was deep!!!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home