Skeletons in my closet

The silent running dialogue that I often have with myself.

Friday, August 19, 2005

Dangone Friday

Not really much to talk about today. I have not been posting lately because I am fighting with the ex-wife, work is getting a little complicated, on the hunt for a new gig.

Filed my custody petition, set myself with legal custody until our hearing in September.
Don’t really know how I feel about all of this. I don’t like conflict. I know it sounds like I am in the wrong profession, but legal conflicts have rules. Parties are named, positions are taking, legal procedure is followed.

Personal conflicts have no rules. Don’t really name who all will be affected. You never ever really know why are the what for things happen. Ever person involved is affected. I bite my tongue, I scratch my head, I sleep lightly. I have held limited and dedicated talks with Baby Girl in regards to this matter. I am careful not to cast any negative light on my EX.

SideNote: My ex has fully involved Baby Girl in this on her end. Asking her to make decisions that no little girl should be forced to make. Her skill at casting a negative shadow over the last half of baby girls life are quickly eviscerated. She aint fooling anybody.

Moving on it is official, MY job is easy, it does not challenge me anymore, I can do this in my sleep. I like it but don’t love it. I like the people I work with. They encumber my time. In a nutshell it is time for me to move on. Just finished making history and now its time to move in a new direction.

What do we do next. When I finished school I just wanted to practice. Didn’t want to work for anyone. I wanted to do my own thing. But even a wise man may have once been a fool. Wisdom comes from learning, life. I jumped in the deep end of the pool and realized that this shyte is deep. Damn, let me get to the shallow end, learn on someone else’s dime. Not make mistakes that will get me in trouble…trouble…trouble.

SideNote: Less yall know, my profession aint really loved by one and all. We are kinda like dentist; everyone hates us…until they need us…then they want the best one of us they can find. They want us to have the exact qualities that they loathe in public, but crave personally in private. They cracking heads around this piece. AND it is real. I didn’t come here to be sent home.

So my next move will truly be the other side of the fence. Hang on, it promises to be a interesting ride. I promise to keep you posted. The change is on the horizon.

Quick note….That chick Ciara was on good GMA. Dang! That’s straight up mainstream. Has she jumped tracks? Okay I know that black America mean platinum, but white America means movie deals.

Is it just me, or is she a taller version of Aaliyah. Same kinda dance moves. Same kinda “can she sing voice”, hooked up with the same production crew.

SideNote: I think she cute, but dangone does she ever show her legs. What’s up with dem army pants joints. Hey, lets see some legs. Plus her hair seemed a little shot.

11 Comments:

  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger Serenity23 said…

    I don't think I like the fact that you get to watch GMA and I have to be on my way to work at that time. And you know that when kids get bored in school, they tend to start acting out, so....... Get a move on it with finding that new gig. And I personally love my dentist.... Ain't nothing worse than seeing folks walk around with jacked up teeth.

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger Call 2 Arms said…

    I saw Ciara too and I agree with the Aaliyah comparison.

    She tends to stay pretty well covered. I think the strategy for most artists, especially if you want them to last, is to show more skin with each album. Then that way you'll want to see more of her.

     
  • At 2:05 AM, Blogger NeenaLove said…

    i'm assuming you're an attorney? LOL... i've read some startling statistics about the practice of law....

    anyway... hang in there. you'll stumble across your next "calling".

    hugz,
    neena

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger sJea said…

    i hope everything with baby girl turns out just like you want it to...it's always really screwed up when screwed up irrational adults involve children in these kinds of conflicts...i wish you the best...

    oh...on the ciara thing...i'm hoping that she will influence sixth graders to wear more clothes to school...

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger Poetry said…

    Keep on keepin' on...I'm looking for my "calling" as well

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger Schatzi said…

    Just checkin in to see if you've posted! I hope you and your family are safe! Y'all are in my thoughts and prayers! Be safe!

     
  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger sj-the-infamous said…

    hoping to hear from you and that you and yours are ok....stay prayerful!

     
  • At 6:28 AM, Blogger Icey said…

    Hoping to read a "I'm OK" post real soon. I am praying for your family's safety

     
  • At 7:52 AM, Blogger sJea said…

    um, dude?

    you okay?

    did ya' retire from blogging?

    miss readin' ya.

     
  • At 4:28 AM, Blogger mikeprehiem84422791 said…

    i thought your blog was cool and i think you may like this cool Website. now just Click Here

     
  • At 11:24 PM, Blogger Quit Smoking said…

    Hello fellow fisherman,

    Did you know that 16% of the U.S. population goes fishing at least 16 days a year?

    Did you also know that over 75% of the nations fishermen do not fish during "prime time"; fish feeding hours?

    Those precious few moments before twilight can be absolutely magical. Even up until 11pm at night, the largest predators of any species feed ravenously.

    Don't believe me? Check out Daniel Eggertsen's story, and a picture of a couple of his catches here : "Evening Secrets plus more"

    I want you to do me a favor and try it out so I can see what you think of it, and if it works for you as well as it did for me.

    You will be one of the first to try it out.

    Gone Fishin',

    Neil

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home