Skeletons in my closet

The silent running dialogue that I often have with myself.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I is BACK!!!!!

It has been a number of weeks since I last posted. I really have not had the time or the energy to post. What can I say; my life has been a roller coaster of a ride for several weeks now.

Where to begin:

Made some history. 10-10-05 at 10:01am the world was treated to my progeny. That’s right a bouncing baby boy. A monster. A huge little tit sucker. I can’t wait to get dis dude trained in the art of cutting grass. More on that later!

Hurricanes, Hurricanes, Hurricanes, my gosh my god. Not sure if it is the end of days or good ole global warming. What I do know is this! The devastation was on biblical proportion. More on that later!

I did not win the Powerball! I know some of you are not shocked. But I just knew I was going to win. I even bought lotto tickets for the first time. Damn my luck.

My Saints, my glorious Saints, what become of thee. The shyte is hitting the fan on that one. More on that later.

Now a quick little moment, in my time to discuss. My hands awkwardly hover over the keyboard. My jumbled thoughts filter into sentences as words change, meanings are explained. My pauses only interrupt my pauses. What do I say!

My first time was so new to me, so long ago. I forgot what it feels like. I need only to be panicked once or twice for my new Daddy instincts to resurface. I get to experience this miracle again.

We chose not to determine the sex of the child so our nervousness is heightened. I want a healthy baby and that is all that matters boy or girl.

SideNote:
Okay I really want a boy, but God might put the ole one two on me if I make that kinda of request. Just make it healthy. Whatever the baby is it will just have to love the football bottom line. I messed up on the first one.


After much hard work and cutthroat deals it is decided that if the child is a boy, he will carry his father’s name. My chest rises.

Truly a miracle, an 8lbs 7oz miracle. Instantly I like him. Immediately I love him. In his new eyes I see all the possibilities. He is a beautiful boy.
My chest rises.

This boy has one hellava “Johnson”!
My Chest rises!

Through all of this please don’t believe that I have forgotten the other important part of this dynamic duo. This dude is my nigga for life. She was unbelievable in her calmness. Amazing in her strength. Plus she made me a little me, got to love that.
Now we are dealing with the whole breast-feeding thing. Is it okay if I get a little jealous. I am so ashamed.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger Serenity23 said…

    Congrats on the baby boy! And all that stuff you said you would write about later, we'll be expecting to hear about them.

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Butter Pecan said…

    Congratulations!!!! Glad to have you back blogging. Cant wait to hear more interesting stories. Stop the jealousy you will have you turn back in a couple months.

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger muffin said…

    welcome back papa!!!! congratulations to you and your counterpart! can't wait to see pics of the family!!!

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger sj-the-infamous said…

    Nice to see you back! Felicidades Daddy!

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Icey said…

    Welcome back man!!! COngrats on the new baby. They are the best!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home