Skeletons in my closet

The silent running dialogue that I often have with myself.

Friday, November 04, 2005

Friday

My life changes.

Okay, I do stuff to effect these changes. Ya know, having babies, getting married, graduating from school, buying a home, general stuff like that kinda puts you on roads of no return. I have been pulled into adulthood kicking a screaming.

One day I was setten back blowing one with my boys, next thing ya know, I am getting ready to pay for some eleven year olds private school education.

SideNote:
I never thought I would do the private school thing. I went to private school myself for a few years, but I spent my highschool days at a top of the line public school Scotlandvile Magnet High(represent). We were smarter, more integrated, more exposed, and more prepared for college than any private school in my city. So back in my highschool days there was no need necessarily for private school education. Well, times have changed, people change, and public schools, well they appear to go to hell.

Why did I pickup the paper this morning and read about every school in my Parish failing. I mean every public school in my parish received a bad report. All save 3-4 schools that received excellent ratings.

How in the hell does every school fail except 4. Please!!!
Lets analyze this.
Who is in charge? Mr. Buck-buck.
Who goes to the public school? Blacks, and poor whites.
Which schools still have success? The schools in white districts.
Which schools fail the most? The schools in Black districts.

I am so glad that racism and its effects are gone. I am so happy to live in a intergrated society free from racial bias and stereo types. Where is Jessie when you need him (serious facetiousness)
Back to the point of this topic. Because I was not intending to rant. I just lost it little on that point.

I am slowly rolling up on middle age. I can see my stomach, but not my belt, unless I suck it in. I am not graying…but before you congratulate me please note that I am balding. I pay a house note. I pay a car note, which will soon be worth more than the car. I care for a daughter, a son, and a wife, who all look to me without fear of failure. And I worry every day about letting these cats down. I do yard work and honey do’s. I cook dinner and drink a beer and watch a movie.

No swinging from chandeliers, no rotating door with women of all and any ilk. No late night drinking, no blowen trees.

I guess what I am saying is…I would not have it any other way.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger Serenity23 said…

    Every school? Say it ain/t so. I guess I better start looking at catholic schools now. And uh, once you have a kid, there's no turning back. There's no going off to be a backpacker. I still wonder what that would be like, but I guess I'll never find out.

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Dee said…

    I feel you!!!! I call it "grown folks sh*t"

    The only thing that keeps me feeling not.so.middle.aged. is when menfolk say "you don't look like you have a 17 year old"

    Even if they don't mean it....it helps!!!! LOL

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger Closet Owner said…

    @Serenity...pay attention now, while you can still save up money. These little people only get more expensive. Private school is a beast.

    @Dee
    True...but at least you know the game. That what us 30+ people know...The GAME

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger Gunner Kaufman said…

    I was the one no one expected to settle down. Yet I was the first. While married life is over for me, I cannot lie, it very well might have been the best thing I ever tried. Newly single now, still a father though, of three, I got things to keep on doing. While I may sleep alone, and avoid the late night parties. Few things are as enjoyable at this age (37) as getting a good nights sleep. A smile form my children. And getting my ex-wife to admit, while I very well may be the worst person to attempt to be a husband, Im a heck of a friend. Manhood and adulthood are strange things. I dont miss the fast females of my youth, nor the all night serious sayin' nothing talks with my "boys". Its three days in Vermont in a bed and breakfast for New Years, snowboarding, sleigh riding, and eating smores in my pajamas, with my children and ex-wife (still seprate rooms baby, so don't get it twisted) that I enjoy.

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger Butter Pecan said…

    I have been dealing with the issue of the private school thing also. What are we really gonna do to help our kids get a good education.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home