Skeletons in my closet

The silent running dialogue that I often have with myself.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Did I do that?

Where did I leave off?

This past weekend was a blast. It was my one year anniversary. So To put all proper things in perspective lets examine this last year of my life.

07/04 I made the single largest purchase of my life. I bought a home. Wow! Never thought I would really see the day. But it is here. A mortgage is a bitch!

  • People will tell you “Home buying is a great thing!” TRUE, but niggas forget to mention that buying washer/dryer, refrigerator, lawnmower, additional furniture is a bitch!
  • Cutting grass is my meditation and relaxation time. I like the labor; it lets my mind free up. Why did my in-laws as a gesture of good will cut my grass, and hook it up!!!!
  • Painting rooms is some real home improvement type shyte. Now my daughter and the baby have the tightest rooms in the house. (Murals and all that!)

12/04 Pissed on the fire, called the dawgs in, and put the guns up. I did the damn thing, AGAIN!

  • People tend not to realize how much goes into a wedding. It was months of planning a preparation that I had to exhaust all my resources to stay out of. I could right a book on how to dodge planning your own wedding.
  • I really do believe that I had the most fun at my own wedding.
  • Women please believe that bachelor parties are only good in the movies. Real bachelor parties end up being homie reunions and continuations of old arguments that never got settled. If two of your good friends don’t end up hating each other all over again you are lucky. (I hoped that worked fella, yall owe me one!)

12/04 Honeymoon in Jamaica was the bomb.

  • Getting back home during the baggage handlers strike for US AIRWAYS was the aftershock!
  • Getting back to New Orleans after the first Snow in Christmas History was the Terrorists Attack.

SideNote: I never told you my honeymoon coming home lost in America story? I have got to tell yall about that shyte later, right now I am in a zone!

01/05 Your Pregnant!

  • How the hell did that happen?
  • I blame American Airlines. (see SideNote above)

02/05 Happy B-Day to me!

02/05 My Dad has been sick!

  • No balance, nausea…no appetite!
  • Yeah it’s the inner ear…but no body knows exactly what!

03/05 The FLU

  • It almost got me. I had never had the flu before but I almost died. I don’t usually take medicine but I doped up this time. I was in bed for a week. I never felt worse in my life. (Please See Month of April)

04/05 Stay away from Benadryl

  • I thought I was getting a little congested or something so I took Benadryl.
    I am one of a million people who apparently cant take Benadryl.
    I hallucinated for 12 hours. It was like an acid trip. I thought I was dying. My skin was crawling, my hands were not mine. I was straight up Chris Tucker on Friday!
  • Read the label on that shyte careful like before you take it. All that small print is real.

05/05 Happy B-Day to the Black

  • I still don’t really know the date, so I steal a look at her DL every April so I wont get caught off guard.
  • She is not really getting big. But she was sick, and she is pregnant…again how did that happen!

06/05 On my way to making some History in the Largest judgment in Louisiana Civil District Courts.

  • I didn’t get none of the money, but I helped form the decision
    Come to think about it, that sucks.

SideNote: Still trying to make the Career Change! Anyone know a headhunter I could employee.

07/05 Getting ready for baby!

  • It is official my wife is crazy and I am an enabler. My baby’s furniture cost more than mine!!!
  • No we still don’t know the sex of the baby…don’t want to know…let it be an old school surprise.
  • The fight about the name has reached its zenith. He shall be the THIRD, III, Trey..damn the world.

08/05 Storms a brewing!

09/05 Trying to keep shyte together!

  • My world is on its ear for several months!

10/05 The III is born.

  • Nuff Said.

11/05 My baby girl needs surgery?!

  • Every parent’s worst nightmare! I cried alone from fear. I couldn’t share my lapse of strength with anyone. I cried from fear of losing her, from fear of her pain. I cried for all that my in-laws had lost. I cried because my family was spared their lives. I cried because I could help and I did. I cried for the first time in years.

12/05 Celebrating the Birth

  • Celebrating Life
  • Celebrating Love
  • Merry Christmas Everybody!





10 Comments:

  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger Butter Pecan said…

    Looks like ya had a pretty good year. Sometimes it may not seem like it but just think about it, could have been worse.

    Merry Christmas to ya!!!!!!

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger Serenity23 said…

    How do you remember all this stuff? I can't think back to last month... What do you have to look forward to next year? A new J-O-B perhaps?

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger candyfortheteacher said…

    This is what is ment by you have your whole life ahead of you. You living life. You had a great year with a few bumps. It sound to me like you have it all together with God's blessing.

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger That Girl Tam said…

    ::sniff, sniff::

    You've got me thinkin bout my next blog...You've really been blessed with SO much, and I'm sure I don't need to tell you that. May the Yuletide season and New Year bring you happiness, love, laughter and peace of mind...

    Thanks for being one of my 4 regulars! HAHAHA! *muah*

    T.

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger Schatzi said…

    Great way to look back on the year. You made it thru another year with many more to come! Happy Holidays!

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger Closet Owner said…

    Wow...I guess it aint so bad after all.

     
  • At 6:54 AM, Blogger SunShyn said…

    Sounds like a very exciting year, and looks like you made it through relatively unscathed.

    Happy Holidays!

    Sun

     
  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger Dee said…

    Very very nice!!!!!

    May next year be the shit!!!!!

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger Miss T said…

    I am so proud! I hope next year is even better and I know it will be.

     
  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger sj-the-infamous said…

    Now THIS is living....beautifully :P

    Merry Christmas Skeletons!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home