Skeletons in my closet

The silent running dialogue that I often have with myself.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

A point for Tuesday!


I don’t believe that men are from Mars and women are from Venus. We are from the same planet, and we enjoy a symbiotic relationship. A give and take, a quid pro quo, a you scratch my back and I scratch yours.

I have spent the majority of my life dealing with the fairer opposite sex. I have come with up with 5 tenants. The first is:

Women are prettier.

All this may ruffle a few feathers but listen I have concrete opinion to back all of this up.

WOMEN ARE PRETTIER
This is a no brainier. God saw fit to make women more physically appealing. I am not going to go into the whole evolutionary discussion as to why this is so just realize it is so! Don’t say it depends on the side of the fence you are looking on, because that isn’t the truth. Women recognize beauty in women just as fast as men do. I think some of this may have to do with our male dominated society but most is just the natural way of things.

In all societies in the world women adhere to more beautification rituals than men. Most adornment for men suggests rites of passage, or some other bravado. Women all over the world, wear makeup, rings of all sorts, piercing, clothing, and hairstyles for simple beatification. The only society that doesn’t fit this mold is the Muslims, but that is a whole other story. And a couple of cultures in Africa that require men adorn themselves to certain degrees, but for the purposes of this argument we will leave both groups out.

Still don’t believe me.

Okay there are a few things that people naturally find appealing babies, pretty women, nice full breast, and AZZ! Maybe those last two were for me but I stand by the first two.

Babies are designed to look cute. Large eyes and smooth skin with large heads, on adults that would be down right scary, but not on babies. Even with bald spots and toothless grins babies as a whole capture the hearts of parents and germy toxic death spreaders alike. It’s hard to just straight up find an ugly baby. The big man did this purposely so babies wouldn’t end up in the dryer. (Sorry, I had to mention Lakeisha Adams and her god-forsaken actions but that aint the norm).

I believe the original intelligent designer put the same spin on women. Still don’t believe me. You still want to say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, still want to believe that beauty is a figment of your sexual orientation?

You ever notice that we recognize a standard of beauty that is uniform in women. We know without a doubt which women are pretty and which aren’t. No matter the age, the race, the size, we all know pretty in women when we see it.

Now men are attractive to women in different ways for different things. There is no standard for beauty. Women like men for different reasons.


Okay, you want examples. I don’t really know how to do the photo thing but it took me all morning and I pulled together something with YAHOO.

Click on this link and cross your fingers!



Now after you look at both groups, and without looking at your neighbors paper tell me which one is in the pretty group, and which one is in the ugly group. Just looking at appearance alone. Not fame, body, personality, just appearance.
Tell me who is attractive among the men and women and who is unattractive among the men and the women.

7 Comments:

  • At 12:07 PM, Blogger Dee said…

    point taken......

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger African girl, American world said…

    have to come back later - blocked at work.

    Now come back to my blog and speak your mind - I don't like the never mind :)

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger Serenity23 said…

    Um, why we gotta do homework?

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger Butter Pecan said…

    All individuals are pretty but not all in appearance.

    Women group Men Group
    Chyna-UA Chris-UA
    Fantasia-UA Denzel-A
    Halle Berry-A Don-UA
    Lindsey-UA Marlon-A
    Monique-A Martin-A
    Parker Posey-UA Matthew-A
    Rikki-UA Omar-A
    Sanaa-A Shawn-A
    Serena-UA Terryl-UA
    Sheri-UA Terry-UA
    Streep-UA Will-A
    Venus-UA

    You can see I was very bored at work. I enjoyed the exercise. Your posts are getting more interesting.

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger That Girl Tam said…

    I have enough work to do...don't make me do more. Interesting selection of people...nuff said.

     
  • At 3:09 PM, Blogger muffin said…

    damn i feel like i missed out on more than just a lil bit... and i WOULD come by when you givin a test. *smh*

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger Kar said…

    I agree....good points... I think that women are gorgeous...but do you really think that Chyna is a woman?? Seriously...

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home