Skeletons in my closet

The silent running dialogue that I often have with myself.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

HELP Mommy addition!

My poor wife went back to work today, and for some reason I feel like I have let her down.

She has been off since the first week of October. The baby was born on October 10th and the two of them have been attached at the (nipple LOL) hip since that day. I have enjoyed watching them grow and form their bond. She saw his first smile and giggle. She gave him his first sustenance. She has clothed, fed, and cleaned him for the past 3 months with care and adoration. He is my son, my child, but he is her baby.

Unfortunately life continues on. New babies are only excuses when they are new, so life has to go on. Bills, debts, JOBs, start to rear their ugly heads.

What other choice do I have? I want her to stay at home and be happy, but I want to eat too. SO here comes mister bad guy with the day of reckoning. She is to return to work on 01/05/06.

I could only hold her as she cried. I didn’t understand, how could I, my role, as parent doesn’t really start until little man misbehaves, or until he can play with some of the toys I have for him. Besides my bond with him his not nearly as tight as he the bond he has with his mother. I went to work soon after my man was born. I am well adjusted to seeing him only during my no working periods.

If she stays unhappy, brother-into-the-night will have to fix this shyte quick. Shyte rolls down hill!

What I need are words of encouragement. Maybe a card, maybe flowers.
Any ideas?

8 Comments:

  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger Dee said…

    That is sooo fucking hard!!!! I feel her/your pain...all you can do is try and luv her a lil harder..help out a lil more around the house so that when she come home she has more time for baby!!!!

    I applaud you for even noticing and caring!!!!! I cried when I had to go back to work and my ex husband teased me!!!! A$$HOLE!!!! That's why his ass is an ex!!!!!

    i'm sure wifey understands that she HAS to work and is just going throught the inital "shock" each day will get easier!!!!

    Flowers or even a card will help!!!!! TRUST ME!!!!!!

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger courtneyelizabeth said…

    awww...do what you can. :( Let her know you care and that you're there...flowers would be good.

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger African girl, American world said…

    I agree with Dee. Flowers and helping out are a way to go.

    Can she see the lil guy on her lunch break? That helped me till I was ready.

    You're so thoughtful :)

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger Georgiapeach said…

    Closet Owner that would be so thoughtful. Great idea. Congratulations on your baby boy. What a blessing. This post made me smile.

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger That Girl Tam said…

    Hmm...When I had Ryan I couldn't WAIT to get back to work...I mean, I thought he was cute and all, but shit I needed adult conversation - not goo-goo, gaa-gaa all day long. I was only off for the month before I had him and exactly 6 weeks AFTER I had him. With Devon I wa off for 4 months and LOVED IT. My husband works nights, so he bonded with the baby almost as much as I did (with the help of a great breast pump). But I also like MONEY...extra money in particular...and the only way to get that was to get my ass back to the office!

    DEFINITELY FLOWERS...and not that cheap shit...yes, I know they die, but showing her how much her feelings really matter will go a long way!

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger Schatzi said…

    I would say to go for the flowers and a nice card. Maybe a little extra help at home too so she can spend some more 1 on 1 time with the baby. She's gonna want that since she is gone during the days.

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger candyfortheteacher said…

    She will get better. That seperation anxiety is a bitch. Flowers are a sweet idea. She would really love them with a card maybe to the greatest mother ever. Tell her what a great wife and mother she is.You might want to give her a coupon for help with laundry, do dishes, etc. she could use them to have tiem with the baby. You get super husband award!!!!!

     
  • At 9:31 PM, Blogger Call 2 Arms said…

    Darn, sounds difficult. I'm sure she appreciates that you understand. No helpful ideas though. I would say "get a pistol" but that is your line. :)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home