Skeletons in my closet

The silent running dialogue that I often have with myself.

Monday, January 23, 2006

HER

Quick hit since Monday, as you should know is a bad day for me. I think I will have a two-part post today, as both will be quick hits. And the first is just for me!

I did something that I have not done in a while.

I LOVED my wife.

No, not made love to her, get your minds out of the gutter, I LOVED HER.

LOVE:
A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.
A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair; the emotion of sex and romance.
I woke early, mind already preoccupied with my day, and of all things I was disturbed by a normal event: Her sleep. I drew closer examined her stilled countenance. It had been weeks maybe months since I last realized why I exist.

She stirred slightly. I pulled away her dark locks and kissed her forehead. She sunk deeper into her pillow, and further into her dream.

I have no ability to understand what my feelings are for her. I love her, she makes me better, she makes me patient, she makes me willing to change. Sappy as it may be, I would give all of myself for her.

She struggles quietly with her dreams, acknowledged by her brief frown and furrowed brow. I kiss her forehead again, and she relaxes.

She gives me what I need, even when I fail to ask out of ignorance. We were friends long before we were lovers, so friendship is so much easier, which makes loving so much better.

I loved her.

Her eyes open, adjusting to my gaze and between morning lips she responds, ”I love you too.”

SideNote:
I wish everyone could get with this, really...this is the real dope, straight grade street smack. I aint complaining.

13 Comments:

  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger Juicy said…

    You two are blessed to have each other! It's just great to hear it coming from a male. You speak for many! Thanks!

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    AWWWWWW that was so sweet. I wish all men could see it like that.

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger Honest said…

    Wow!

    Keep hope alive for the rest of us.

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger Dee said…

    awwwwww DAM!!! That is hella cool!!!!

    Good for you!!!! Great for her!!!!

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger Serial_Dater said…

    I used to Love H.E.R. ;o)

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger candyfortheteacher said…

    Is there another out there like you? How about giving husband classes. Oh my husband is great and we have a love that is so strong that it has lasted 21 years. He still takes my breath away and I still dream about being in his arms. I guess you can't ask for better tahn that for all time.

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger That Girl Tam said…

    Ok, maybe it's because I'm TOTALLY PMS'n, but that shit damn near brought a tear to my eyes...

    :::sniff, sniff:::

    That was sweet...ain't it crazy when you have those revelations? I sometimes watch my husband sleep and think the same thing...damn, think I have to blog about it.

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Butter Pecan said…

    That was very sweet, I hope she appreciates the man that she have and some women want.

    Nice Post!!!!!!

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger African girl, American world said…

    Damn you! Here I was thinking he keeps talking about long silky hair and shit so he must just like a certain type then here you come talking about your wife's locs!

    Damn Damn Damn!!!

    It's a beautiful thing and LOVE LOVE LOVE that you feel it and have it :)

     
  • At 4:48 AM, Blogger nikki said…

    i ain't mad at it! in fact, i wish everyone had it! you go boy!

     
  • At 7:00 AM, Blogger Lāā said…

    Awwwww, that is so sweet! It's a beautiful feeling.

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger SunShyn said…

    That is soooo sweet, some men need to take a lesson....lol

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger Icey said…

    You have no idea how I love hearing about men loving their wives or SO. That was lovely!!!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home