Skeletons in my closet

The silent running dialogue that I often have with myself.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I Resolve!

Hello, and welcome to the New Year!

I was contemplating my last year’s resolutions and attempting to form new ones when I realized that I never wrote down last year’s resolutions.

I probably subconsciously did this to prevent me from failing, or to give me ability to alter them as I progressed through the year. However, this year shall be different. I shall record them not only in the finality of the written word, but also in the electronic archives of the BlogVerse.

Not really sure if you are supposed to tell your resolutions. I think if you tell them they don’t come true… Or is that birthday wishes?!?!

Well in any event, let me get these few pieces of my insecurities out for all to review, analyze and respond. Why insecurities you ask? Well isn’t that what new years resolutions are, our attempts to dedicate a year to a thing or area in which we are not 100%. Aren’t resolutions clear glimpses of soulful mirrors that may just need a little polishing?

My resolutions for the Year 2006!

Love more.
I have to stop spending so much time angry about what I dislike and spend more time enjoying what I love. IT is so easy to get caught up in this instant demand society that you forget to enjoy shyte. Well I am going to enjoy it all more. Including my family. Including my wife ;-)

Work on Daddy detail!
I have got to pull this area of my life up to the number one most important! The new baby is WORK! My daughters getting older and I have to be everything she needs right now. Can’t explain other than that.

Take that chance.
I have 2 kids, a wife, a mortgage, a car note, student loans…etc… It is so hard to put those things in jeopardy. Can I do what I want to do in life without taking chances that might cause some hardships on my family or my way of life? If I don’t take chances will I effectively handle my responsibilities? Is it possible to be happy trying/failing/succeeding at what you love to do the most?

Get organized!
That does not mean neat! So slow ya roll. I just want to put things in a format to better get at 1-3.

Exercise
I have gained damn near 20lbs in the last 5 years. I can’t keep that up. I got the bike; I got the YMCA membership; I got the tapes at home. It is time to use the damn things. I will keep you guys posted on my progress. Maybe we could do the exercise blog to help everyone out.

Read books
I would have said read more, but I chose to say read books. Something about reading a book that brings in itself a feeling of accomplishment. A feeling you don’t get from magazines or newspapers. Besides books are written with more attention to detail and more thought than those two lesser mediums.

Play the guitar.
Yeah I have one…And I am trying to teach myself. I will let you know the progress.

Spend time with my brother.
(Please see previous post)

My ex-wife.
I don’t even know where to start. If you want to give me some input please do. Here is some background! Oh and some more!

Expand my blogging!
Nothing needs to be said in that area. I enjoy sharing. I enjoy expressing. Thanks for reading, commenting, and listening.

ON TO 2006!

8 Comments:

  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger Brotha Buck said…

    I'll be back later today to check things out, but I'm glad you posted on my spot today because I've been confused as hell. Another poster has a name similar as yours, and yall had me scratching my head. Heres the other poster at my site whom I though was you, but...well, you'll see:

    http://diaryofaclosetfreak.blogsome.com/

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Dee said…

    Happy new year to you!!!!

    I sooo feel you on enjoying what we do have/like!!!! So many things I take for granted.....the ex husband called me early this morning and I started to complain about shit and how freakin hard it is doing this shit(raising the boys) solo and he simply said "dee you don't realize how blessed you are" shit coming from that ASSHOLE....that shut me da hell up!!!!!

    I hope err you want works for you in the new year~!!!!!!

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Serenity23 said…

    Hey! I damn near fell out laughing at the thought of you in front of the tv working out to a tape.. And the exercise blog? Do tell. Here's to 06'.... I'm pouring you a glass of Merlot..

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger Closet Owner said…

    @Buck
    Dang how you goin pub a site that stole my name.

    @Dee
    Thanks bae.

    @Serenity
    I am on Cabs now baby...keep up.

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger That Girl Tam said…

    Hey man...Happy New Year!

    Sounds like a good plan for '06...and about the BMD (baby mama drama), I took a little time to do some background reading and YES, THAT CHIC IF OFF THE HOOK...sounds as bad as the one I'M dealing with...the only thing I can say is remain calm in the face of adversity...you are a wonderful father and your baby girl knows this...and believe me, she sees the difference between you two. Keep doing what you're doing and if push comes to shove (if you haven't done it already) make it legal so she won't have a leg to stand on...one cannot simply come back into the picture whenever they FEEL LIKE IT...being a parent is a fulltime job (and I know I don't have to tell you that). Keep ya head up...you know ME...Karma will take care of BM...no worries...

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger Closet Owner said…

    @Tam thanks!!!

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger P said…

    Happy New Year. . .

    It is wonderful that you have committed yourself to spending more time with your family.

    I have never heard a retired person (rich more oft than not) say they wished they worked more.

    I am halfway to retirement age, and I don't like it now.

    Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis said that you only have one time to raise your children, and if you goof that up, there is not much more else worth doing.

    That is not to say that your wife should not be your priority, which I firmly believe you should. But right now both of you are parenting. The goal is to release her to the universe as a productive citizen. Children are gifts, and we are expected to teach them to leave the nest, not cleave the nest.

    You are the model of what she should expect from a male. And this is okay. When you send your children out to the world, you can only know that, even in the mildest stray, you have built the foundation for her to strive on.

    Train up a child in the way he should go, and when they grow old they will not depart of it. (Proverbs 22:6) They are not literal promises, but are edicts to live by.

    Love that woman and girls as you are already doing, and all good things will come to pass.

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger The Princess Herself said…

    Happy New Year!

    I love you just the way you are!!
    Good luck with all that stuff!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home