Skeletons in my closet

The silent running dialogue that I often have with myself.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Monday Rant

I really hope everyone did something Kingish to celebrate the holiday.

I mean we all have an obligation to continue the struggle for civil rights, justice and equality among all men and women.

Hell even stupid people have a right to be heard and allowed to be a important part of America.

Take for instance:

On a day that speaks of acceptance, humility, diversity, and a erasure of color and class barriers, the Mayor of New Orleans Louisiana was quoted with saying the following;”

It’s time for us to rebuild New Orleans — the one that should be a chocolate New Orleans. This city will be a majority African-American city. It’s the way God wants it to be. You can’t have New Orleans no other way. It wouldn’t be New Orleans.”

This future Mensa candidate goes on to drop these pearls of wisdom.

“Surely God is mad at America. He sent us hurricane after hurricane after hurricane, and it’s destroyed and put stress on this country. Surely he doesn’t approve of us being in Iraq under false pretenses. But surely he is upset at black America also. We’re not taking care of ourselves”

Sadly, some people really truly think this way. However, none of those clowns are mayors of major metropolitan cities. Of all days on the calendar, how do you “fix yo mouth” to say something so racist, so divisive, so controversial, so against what MLK had in mind. Dude is a damn fool. Better yet a damn fool Mayor.

Now, I know the argument that the hand god had in all of this will continue for years to come. I am even pretty sure god is upset with America and black people in general. Hell, all his children who turn away from his teachings probably get him a little perturbed. But if God is surely mad at America, and Blacks in America more succinctly…It is time for ya boy to move to another country and hurry up and get some Micheal Jackson treatment.

Wow, poor New Orleans. Now how does the mayor suggest that federal dollars poor in to help American citizens as long as those citizens are black. Yeah, I can just see all those republican congressmen chomping at the bit to poor dollars into a black New Orleans.

Further, for those of you who don’t know, New Orleans was a great place to visit, but between the struggles with corruption:
1. Several of the past Mayors,
2. Several recent Judges,
3. The City Court and the Mayors Office System,
4. The Orleans Parish School Board,
5. The Orleans Parish Assessors Office
Police brutality, teen pregnancy, failing Healthcare System, disenfranchised, and impoverished African Americans, it might not have been the ideal place to raise a family.

But I digress; because every apple has bruises, and New Orleans can turn that impassable corner and set there ship to right. If they can get this latest yoke from around there neck.

In the most needy of times, after the most trying of circumstances, a city of people, a city of Americans, must be lead from a biblical disaster into the future by a damn idiot savant. A savant whose special talent is sticking his foot in his mouth.

9 Comments:

  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger Serenity23 said…

    I can't believe he said that. In public? I can see him telling his wife or his brother, but not in the press. I'm sorry, but that corruption doesn't end and begin in the Crescent City either. Its throughout LA.

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Dee said…

    hmmmppphhh!!!

    The media is the debil.some shit just shouldn't be repeated..........

    Happy Tuesday!!!!

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    People should really think before they speak... Hes a stupid ass!

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger That Girl Tam said…

    Some people aren't meant to speak publicly...for real...your mayor is an idiot - you shoulda seen my mouth drop when I heard that...WOW!! Is he related to Kanye West? Because you know George Bush does NOT like Black people either...like God is mad at America! HAHAAHAHAHA...what a dumbass....

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger candyfortheteacher said…

    I am not sukre where to start. He is nuts. The people that work for my husband answering phones at 911 have to take a psycological profile test before they can be hired. Did anyone give one to this idiot before he became Mayor? he has to be (as my momma would say) a few bricks shy of a load.
    He also is not much of a religious man. If he read his bible or attended service he would know better!!!!
    Those words fuel the fire of all the ignorate racist people out there looking for a crumb to justify there stupidity.

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Blogger Serenity23 said…

    @Tam-Nagin is not Baton Rouge's mayor. He represents N.O. Our mayor is another black man, Kip Holden.

     
  • At 4:46 PM, Blogger "N" Search of Ecstasy said…

    My mouth is dropped!

    I cannot believe Ray said this. I’m originally from N.O. and it was exactly because of the things that you named that my mother moved to Florida when I was in the 11th grade. At the time that we left I could not see it though. I just hated the fact that I was leaving my home.

    Last summer before the hurricane hit, I was actually thinking about moving back there to work at one of the universities, but that dream was pretty much washed away when the levees broke.

    I still have much live for my birthplace though!

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger Miss Ahmad said…

    i'm new to your post. i went to college in baton rouge so the NO disaster was close to my heart.

    nagin is desperate and crazy, and probably has some kinda of mental damage from the hurricane.

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger "N" Search of Ecstasy said…

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home