Skeletons in my closet

The silent running dialogue that I often have with myself.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Other Side Of the Coin

******************EDIT************ EDIT************** EDIT**********
I promissed to post yesterday twice but I got caught up! Sorry!!!
************************************************************************

I have to say something that might not go over all that well.

I don’t live my life in the corner. I am kinda a balls out, full on type of dude, You may have noticed. Well the truth is the truth.

Yesterday, after work:

I dealt with baby girl who is still on punishment. Every afternoon when I get home I spend a portion of my evening dealing with how unfair I am. I go over the basics wash dishes, clean your room, and “Why is your TV warm if you haven’t been watching it!”

I pulled out Sundays Masterpiece a Seafood Gumbo that is seriously slap yo momma then try and find her in the pot good. I am so domestic it is alarming.

I picked up my Guitar and started practicing for a while.

It was too cold to ride my miles on the bike, but I did an inside routine that gave me a good sweat out.

After dinner, I went from the most outrageous episode of Trading Spouses. My wife loves this show, it is the worst example of reality TV on the network few exceptions. To a show that I am growing more fond of every week, “24”.

The little boy who has no name, has a version of my cold, and the congestion makes my wife and I worry…No fever just congestion. He still laughs and smiles, and talks incessantly. I wonder where he got his loquacious nature?

SideNote:
I think nicknames are created not given. But the entire family has been searching for names to call the boy. He shares his name with two other people so all the good versions are taken. So he will have to have one all new and original. So from Trey to Tripp (my favorite) he has been called everything.

UFC, Celebrity Fit Club and Flavor of Love, ended my night.

Does anybody see where I am getting with this!

Yes you guessed it Boring!!!!

I have settled down into my Pops and it don’t really feel like me just yet.

I woke up this morning with a strange craving…maybe urge is a better word for it. I couldn’t shake it all morning and it is on me hard right now as I type this.

I NEED TO GO TO THE CLUB!!!!

I need to shake my ass. I need to buy expensive drinks, I need to look at some chics, and be looked at by some chicks. I aint going to do nothing but I need to feel lusted after ya dig.

The Clubs and me have a long history. I been balling since about 16 when I the only way I could get in was if my podnuh was working the door. Back then Clubs were a place were everyone went to have a drink and socialize. You had ya group in the club that sat at the bar and tables and drank. Then you had ya other group that danced from the time they walked in the door, until they walked their sweat infused, hair fallen, feet hurting azzez out the door.

On occasion you had the rare few who parlayed back and fourth between both worlds. I was one of the rare few. I have always been able to dance, my first moves being The Bump and The Robot. I grew up in the real Mc. Hammer Bobby Brown Dancing days. You weren’t shyte if you couldn’t really move. Dancing was how you made a name for yourself and how you attracted the opposite sex. Dancing was appeal. Dancing was a calling card. You didn’t need Bling or the Ride… It helped, but it was not necessary, game and ability was all that was needed.

Now the Club is reserved for the young hard heads. Go figure.

I don’t miss the club so don’t get it twisted. I just miss certain aspects of the club. I miss my little club friends. I don’t miss trying to hook up with young ladies that caught my eye. I do kinda miss the thrill of victory. Yeah I know it is said to say, I love my life but there are still two sides to every coin.

SideNote:
Oh, and before yall jump my azz, I was thinking Way Back Wednesday. A lot of people have been posting about childhood memories and stuff over the last couple of weeks. I figure we all post about the way back memories of childhood and youth on Wednesday.

12 Comments:

  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger African girl, American world said…

    hey hey hey settle into your Daddy-ness :) Now when you find yourself wearing socks to your knees to the grocery store and a white belt...THEN WORRY! LOL!

    You bust a move like Bobby huh? Now I need a visual :)

    tam had me feeling 15 all over again playing "Miss Jackson if you're Nasty" and the pleasure principle video..I was really trying to bust some moves!

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger nikki said…

    i remember the club fondly...oh yeah, i was there a couple of weeks ago!

    oh, and it ain't what it used to be unless you get to a 'grown folk' club. we've got clubs here in the atl where you can't even get into the door unless you're at least 30. i like those kinda clubs. no preening, no flexing...just a straight up getting-sweaty-and-shaking-ya-tailfeathers-til-you-drop-to-the-ground-in-exhaustion type of time. maybe if you find a spot like that where you at, you can assuage your club need and get your boogie down without all the kids messing it up for you with the drama.

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Icey said…

    I don't miss the club either but I miss dancing to the break o dawn. Aww youth!

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    I turned in my club card years ago but I sneak in a trip every once in a while. There something about the Music, dancing and drinking thing that makes you feel kinda Sexy. I can SOOOOO relate.

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger Dee said…

    I STILL get my club on even after 35......for me it's the social interaction..I like to see and be seen.........I don't do the expensive ass drinks though......LOL

    One spot I chill at is CHEAP as hell..........4.50 henny on the rocks chased by a $1.50 miller lite!!!! That's $6 whole bucks and i'm double fisted!!!!!


    I say get out have a good time and if anything else the club will remind you of JUST.HOW.GOO.YOU.HAVE.IT.AT.THE.HOUSE!!!!!!

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Serenity23 said…

    Who you think you fooling Bill Cosby? You cannot dance... Were you in that infamous Polo Club? The same folks that were in the club when you went, just two months ago are still in there today... Wait til First Friday in Raggs and holla! Just kidding.

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger That Girl Tam said…

    Damn shame @ Dee being double fisted after some henney and a beer...lol...shame on you! HAHAHA

    I've never really been a club kinda person...I think I can count on my hands how many times I've been...I don't like strange people touching me and being all in my personal space...ick...

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Closet Owner said…

    @Seren
    Whats up witht he hate?
    You know better than most how charming a brother is.

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger Butter Pecan said…

    I agree with Dee luv to been seen and see whats out there.

    Well I have had my days of clubbing and I must say I enjoyed them and miss them much somtimes, but when I think back to those days I was a totally different person and I must leave her where she at.

    I still like to go, to get a drink and chill with the girls and admire the nice gentlemen.

    I still must hit the dance floor at least once before I leave.

     
  • At 5:15 PM, Blogger Single Ma said…

    Ahhh the memories!! I used to be a club head when I was [supposed to be] too young to get in. By the time I became of age (25+ for the good clubs), that scene was old and played. If you catch me in a club now, it's for a private party. Otherwise, I'm content with drinks and a few friends at the house.

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger Honest said…

    I know you shouldn't take sand to the beach but maybe it's time for a babysitter and take the wife out for a night on the town and end it on the dance floor of the club.

     
  • At 7:19 AM, Blogger Lāā said…

    I still like going out now, because when I was in my 20's I didn't go a lot (joys of young motherhood). I do prefer when the crowd is older now (30+) and I don't mind how expensive the drinks are. I'm not buying anyway.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home