Skeletons in my closet

The silent running dialogue that I often have with myself.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Sorry.

Damn, I am not sure what is going on. I was sick as a dog last night, fever, sweats, congestion. I woke up this morning and damn near felt like myself.

So I decided to bring it on in to work! Mistake number 1. I am still sick. My fever is gone but man I am not 100%.

I had the flu last year and this feels remarkably similar.

As I lay in my partial vegetative state last night my mind flowed freely from dreamscapes to reality, I realized something. I have it pretty good.

I really should be more thankful and expressive. I was laying here feeling miserable. Yet, I was propped up in a nice queen size bed, 600 thread count sheets, with way too many pillows for a grown man to deal with. My daughter made me a card, and yes she is 11 but she still loves me. Even my son seemed like he was concerned for my health. He stared blanckly at me from across the room. In his mind I just know he was saying "Stay up Pops"
I was under quarantine until the exact nature of my illness was determined. My wife would flit in and out checking on my health. She loves me.

While awake I spent my time watching DirecTV, and listening to the sounds of life just outside my door. I am a new addict for that show 24. It was edge of your seat action. Nice! That show The Shield seems like it could be good also.

I am doing so much it is really hard to find time to watch TV.

SideNote:
A YEAR RECAP
Even though I was feeling bad, I still got my exercise on. I think that is what pushed me over the edge. However, my stomach is going down, and my stamina is going up. I really feel a sense of accomplishment. It is really something addictive about exercise.

I completed lesson 5-10 of Play Guitar Today. I am getting better everyday. By this summer I will be able to play for real. Or at least play Happy Birthday for my wife and daughters on their respective days.

The job hunt is really showing promise. I have an interview next week with a big firm. A boy bout to get paid…Drinks on me once the job is a done deal.

9 Comments:

  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger candyfortheteacher said…

    Hope you feel better. hang in there.

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger Lāā said…

    I'm glad that you are feeling better. Now take note of how your wife took care of you, and make sure you do the same for her when she is under the weather. It'll make her feel really loved too!

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    Feel Better!

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger Dee said…

    Feel better partner!!!! Drink lots of fluids...mostly water.........hydrate....hydrate......hydrate....your, blog nurse.....

    Drinks on you???? WHOO WOOO!!! Now you know I REALLY drink soooo it's ON!!!!

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger That Girl Tam said…

    Awww....I hope you feel better Closet Freak...errr...Owner

    Did someone say sumthin bout some drinks??? Ok, i'm a light weight, but I'm down if someone else is payin!! Where the party at???

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger That Girl Tam said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger P said…

    You have 600 thread count sheets?

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Gunner Kaufman said…

    its nice ot feel miserable on occassion if the family is nearby to take care of you. enjoy it. As for the job hunt....Im pre ordering a "vanilla shanti" at the bar.

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger Serenity23 said…

    I know you ain't said drinks on you. You know how many glasses of Shiraz I could put away. But I won't b/c I'm slowing down on that. How about a book on you? Or appetizers?

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home