Skeletons in my closet

The silent running dialogue that I often have with myself.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Women make it so hard!

Valentines Day

Okay, here is the deal…my wife almost fooled me for V-Day.

She stated in earnest that she did not expect a gift or anything for V-Day.

I almost bought it! I was almost suckered into not getting anything but a card. But luckily I am the master of the last minute comeback. I set reservations for Ruth Chris, commandeered a dozen roses, and set to spring my trap, early this morning.

SideNote:
Ruth Chris was a job in itself, but with some friends help and a certain charming smile I got my table at 7:30pm, in the most romantic corner of the place.

I wake this morning to spring my trap, and low and behold my wife cancels my plans from the start.

Closet Owner: Happy V-day, baby here is a card with instructions for this afternoon.

Co-Closet Owner: Oh, thanks baby…(30 seconds later) oh baby, we cant go the baby isn’t feeling well, and I don’t want to leave him with someone else when he is sick.

CO: Well, maybe your Mom can watch him for like an hour or so?

CCO: I think they are going out for 7pm. Don’t worry we can do something next year!

CO: Dangone!

Okay, so I scrapped those plans, called canceling my dinner reservations, and reset them for lunch. I am on my way to pick her up with the 12 roses.

Holler…. oh and let me know what yall did on this pagan, commercial, expensive gifting day just for women.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger That Girl Tam said…

    Hey...a shout out to Pagans!! You know you'z mah dawg now! HAHAHAHAH!!! Hope you had a fabulous lunch (and that baby feels better). We're doing V-Day on Friday (took me some coaxing for me to agree). But it's cool...he likes HIS gift, so that's all that matters!

    Happy V-Day!

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Call 2 Arms said…

    Happy V-Day!

    I also told my fiance not to get me anything. This afternoon I heard shuffling at the door, I didn't get up to look, he called me a few minutes later and told me to look on the porch. I looked and found pink roses. It was lovely.

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger Supa said…

    You done good, Closet Owner. Proud of ya! Hope you and the wife enjoyed ya day! :)

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger Serenity23 said…

    That's all you could come up with?????????????????????? Just kidding. I like to mess with you.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home